Tuesday 30 December 2014

New Year Resolutions

I make New Year’s resolutions every year, along with billions of others.
I think they give you an opportunity to reflect and improve on your life, a fresh start. A new year is always exciting as after Christmas there is a bit of a ‘slump’ because the main event is over. However to lift up our dampened spirits are the New Year parties, fireworks etc… It comes at exactly the right time.

Sadly my new year will be quite dull as I have tons of work to power through before returning to normal life. But that doesn’t stop me from making my resolutions:
1)      Become healthier. Yes this is pretty much the generic New Year’s resolution, but I mean healthy in an overall way. Mentally and Physically. When you’re in the midst of busy lives and work, you forget how important mental and physical health actually is. I have decided some days I can allocate to ‘me’ days as I don’t really have many on them! Also I want to get some of the muscle back I lost of the Christmas period of too much food consuming!
2)      Work Harder. Especially this year, as it is my GCSE year I want to really aim high here. I just need to put my head down and not get distracted as much. Should actually be doing work now…oops!
3)      Say ‘Yes’ more. This may seem a bit weird but apparently saying yes to more things can make you an overall happier person. I mean you obviously have to say no to something’s, saying yes to everything could be potentially dangerous (that went downhill quickly haha). What I mean is, saying yes more to the things you know are going to benefit you.
4)      Being Grateful. Sometimes I feel like I just continue on through life without really looking round and realising how lucky I actually am. So this is my final resolution, to be grateful for everything that happens in life, as some people literally have nothing. To take in all the beautiful moments that we take for granted, like seeing my family or doing something small but fun.
I know I haven’t been very active recently on my blog but life just gets in the way. Hopefully 2015 will be the start of something great for this blog, however I won’t be committing myself as sadly revision comes first!

What are your New Year Resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment