Sunday 25 January 2015

Delicious Vegan Pancakes

For me, Sundays usually consist of relaxing and unwinding. Breakfast on a Sunday are usually something different to my normal breakfasts, as it starts the day off fabulously! 
This week i made Vegan Pancakes! Sadly, i am not all vegan as my situation at the moment doesn't allow me to be. However i do like to add bits of veganism to my life where i can.
These were the most delicious pancakes i have ever made, and they taste very healthy (bonus!).
These were my ingredients:
260g whole wheat flour
Flax 'egg' (2tbsp Flax Seed + 5tbsp Water)
2 tbsp groundnut oil
2tbsp Acacia Honey (or any honey)
1 tsp Bicarb of soda
2 tsp Baking powder
pinch of sea salt
480 ml + 2tbsp almond milk
4 tbsp rolled oats
1) Make your 'Flax egg' and leave for a couple minutes for it to do its magic.
2) Add your honey, Bicarb of soda, baking powder and groundnut oil. Then whisk!
3) Add your almond milk!
4) Add your flour and whisk to combine. Add your salt here.
5) This is completely optional but i added some dried cranberries as it adds a little more sweetness and variation. Also look at the colour of those amazing dried cranberries!

6) Pop the batter in a pan and enjoy!


If you try this recipe please let me know at:




3 comments:

  1. I didn't realise you could make Vegan Pancakes, so I've certainly learnt something new today :) I think I'll have to try these for myself, they wonderful! x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were truly yummy! Let me know how they turn out! x

      Delete
  2. [ Smiles ] Cool! I love vegan delicacies!

    ReplyDelete