Saturday 8 August 2015

What I ate today - Spain

 I love these posts as they give me huge inspiration for my meals in a day. I thought I would do a 'what I ate today' holiday edition. In Spain finding any vegan/vegetarian options is very hard - especially as they have isles upon isles or meat 😔. However once you have scoured the supermarket, you find a good few basic items. It really makes me realise how lucky we are in England to have such a wide variety of health foods.

For breakfast- I had a huge plate of fruit, full of water melon, peaches, grapes and a huge banana. Following that I had some basic cereal with soy milk and a blueberry soy yogurt. It was all pretty delicious and I felt very satisfied afterwards 😀!

For lunch I had 4 rice cakes topped with hummus, spinach and rocket. They are really quick and easy to make, while ofcourse being delicious. I had lunch quite late, around 3pm! In Spain they tend to eat everything later which means lots of lie ins! With my lunch I also had a peach which I bought from the market a few hours earlier.

I did exclude water in this post as I didn't class it as 'what I ate' as such. But I usually drink a minimum of 2 litres per day. Usually I drink more but it all depends on the layout of the day.
For dinner we had fajitas!! While the rest of my family had chicken on theirs, I opted for red beans and pan 'fried' peppers in mine fajitas. This was an amazing meal which I devoured quickly :). I also served a salad with the fajitas which went down a treat. In Spain we alternate between staying in or going out, this night we happened to stay in and cook our own meal.

After dinner I had a few squares of my 100% dark chocolate, my absolute favourite!

I hope you enjoyed this post and it gave you a few ideas as I loved writing it! 




2 comments:

  1. They all look nice and healthy :)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do enjoy my food and make sure it is always delicious x

      Delete